How we are consulting
The Councils are committed to treating people with dignity and respect and will respond positively to different needs and circumstances. The Councils welcome diversity and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and this difference brings great strength. In consulting the views of our community on One Council, the Councils have considered equality and diversity and endeavoured to reach all individuals including those with protected characteristics to invite their views and comments.
The consultation will commence in mid August and will run to early October and includes:
- Dedicated website with online consultation survey
- Post card mailing to every household in South Hams and West Devon
- Independent telephone survey to a representative sample of households in South Hams and West Devon
- Local engagement events led by councillors in towns and villages throughout South Hams and West Devon
- Consultation letters and briefings with neighbouring local authorities, town and parish councils, Devon County Council, local MPs and key partners of the councils
- Targeted emails to local businesses
- Social media and press releases
This consultation is available in other formats on request. Please call 01822 813301 or 01803 861417 to leave a message and let us know your needs.